TaxationBulgaria Tax Summary
The relevant taxes that investors purchasing property in Bulgaria will
be liable for will vary from person to person due to a number of factors including your tax
domicile, the extent of your business activities in Bulgaria, the nature of the property
transaction and more.
While we are not qualified to provide tax advice there are some good sources of information
available on the Internet with respect to Bulgarian Tax law which are listed below:
Property ownership in Bulgaria
Under the Bulgarian act on Foreign Ownership, foreigners are not allowed to own land but may
own buildings. Foreigners can however own land by setting up a Bulgarian company to
hold the property for them.
The situation is summarised below:
- No land ownership for foreigners in Bulgaria.
- Buildings can be owned by foreigners.
- Foreigners wishing to own land can do so through a company.
- Bulgarian company incorporation costs less than £600.
- Bulgaria’s ownership policy will be harmonised with the EU in the future.